We're crazy about this vegetable burger. I'm usually not one of the recipes named "best ever!!, " or "Ultimate!!! " Because I'm quite shy and that seems, but I was absolutely smitten with this vegetable burger recipe.
First of all these are roast can! Take them to your backyard or family jail out. You can even make them a day or two in advance, because of course you will rather spend time in the sun versus using time in the kitchen.
In these photos I made burgers as a slider, but the formula works as a big burger as well.
The best Veggie Burger Recipe! These are tangy, smoky, savory, and have a hearty texture from walnuts and mushrooms.
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: main dish
Serves: 6 burgers or 8 sliders
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 2 shallots, chopped (⅔ cup)
- 16 ounces mushrooms (mix of shiitake + portobello), de-stemmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (or ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, more if desired
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice (freshly cooked so that it’s sticky)*
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- vegan worcestershire sauce, for brushing
- nonstick cooking spray, for grilling
- desired burger fixings (buns, vegan mayo or avocado mayo, mustard, ketchup)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in the medium to over medium heat. Add aroma and stir-fried to soft 1 minute Add mushrooms, pinch of salt, and make the water until softer and more functional, 6 To 9 minutes, change the heat slightly, as necessary.
- Stir fried vinegar and mickey, stir-fried, and add to the garlic and pepper, smoked and sriracha peppers. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- In food processing, including stir-fried mushrooms, walnuts, flax seeds, brown rice, and 1/2 The cup of Panko.
- Transfer to the bowl and stir in the remaining panko.
- Form 8 size or 6 large burger
- Preheat the furnace to heat. Spray grilled with non-stick and drizzle, or brush with olive oil. Roast for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the character pattern is removed from the brush with the Worcestershire sauce and is served with the required placeholders.
Can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator on the tray until ready to grill. They can also be grilled in advance and stored in a fridge for 3 to 4 days-they are well-assured.
* It is very important that your brown rice is made fresh and sticky so that burgers will be sticky (long grain rice is not sticky, so be sure to get a short seed rice). I would love to cook my rice in the rice cooker or use this stove:
Brown rice: Includes 1 cup washed brown rice in a pot with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Put to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Take off the heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes. Shaggy with a fork