When I cook burgers-and I have cook a lot of burgers-I always make it easy. I season them with salt and pepper, throw them on a hot stove and let them cook for 4-5. Minutes per side until they are neutral. Let's say you use a good beef with 15-20%. Fat in it you will be in a fantastic shape just by hurting it. This homemade burger smash is all different, though and is one of my favorite burgers, even during the grilled season.
There is a mid-range burger shop starting in Denver called Smashburger, which now has a place across the United States and they use a slightly different approach to burgers. As their name means they literally smash the burger on the super hot stove. It cooks in about two minutes and is one of the better burgers I've ever had. Heat and intense pressure in fruit juices from beef and make the burger really delicious.
While the restaurant uses expensive and patented press fittings, no home cooking has access, I think there is a way to repeat this crazy way at home.
I'm right It turned out, not to be hard to do, homemade burger, and it is worth all the effort.
How to make a delicious homemade burger that is completely juicy and ripe. These Smashburgers are worth the effort!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Large Bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Fresh lettuce
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mayonnaise 1/4 Measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fruit juice
- 1 tbsp sliced pickle
How to do:
1) For dice sauce will add more and stir together the mixture. Keep refrigerated until necessary.
2) section out Three 6 oz burgers and roll them into loose balls.
3) Your larger cast iron heat gives over medium high heat a few minutes until very hot. While it is a heater prepare the second cast iron (small size) and wrap some foil around the bottom of it.
4) When you are ready to cook the burger, add some butter in the hot pan and let it melt, then add the burger and press it down hard with the second hand. Try to press down straight from the top to create even circles. Press on burger for 10 seconds.
5) Remove top hand and burger season with mix seasoning When the juice begins a bubble from the burger, flip over.
6) If you are adding a cheese, add it after flipping and cover the burger with a metal bowl to steam the cheese.
7) Cook the burger in the second side until the burger reaches 165 degrees F in the middle, about 90 seconds or more.
8) Serve burgers on bread buns with lettuce, tomato and red onions.